The last days of the year are about to pass, this is also the time for year-end parties to take place. And to prepare for a perfect year-end party, BBQ meat dishes are an indispensable part. But have you learned the secrets to preparing a delicious BBQ party at home? If not, then learn how to make grilled beef skewers with vegetables below!
Prepare ingredients to make grilled beef skewers with vegetables
The first step in making grilled beef skewers with vegetables is to prepare the necessary ingredients.
- Beef tenderloin or Fuji beef: 400 grams
- Button mushrooms: 250 grams
- Bell peppers (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow): 3
- Purple onion: 1 large bulb
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Wooden skewers: 10 skewers
Ingredients for marinating meat
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce: 1/4 cup
- Fresh lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon
- Wine vinegar, red wine: 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil: 1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
Prepare ingredients for grilled beef and vegetable skewers
First, you need to wash the beef after purchasing it. You can soak it in diluted salt water for 2-3 minutes to remove the odor. Then cut into cubes of suitable size for serving (about 2.5 x 2.5 cm).
Next, you need to wash the vegetable ingredients. From the bell pepper, remove the seeds inside and cut the purple onion into square pieces. For button mushrooms, remove the stems and if you have large mushrooms, cut them in half.
How to marinate meat to make grilled beef and vegetable skewers
How to marinate meat to make grilled skewers is quite simple. Put all the ingredients prepared to marinate the grilled beef (mentioned above) into a small pot. Then, stir well to ensure the mixture blends together. To give the meat a more even flavor, cover the pot and let the marinated meat refrigerate for at least 3 hours (but no more than 7 hours).
Prepare the oven and beef skewers
At this point, you can prepare to preheat the oven to 220ºC.
With skewers, you can soak the previously prepared wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes. This helps avoid burning the skewers during the grilling process. Especially for thin and small skewers, because there is a high possibility of burning the hexagram.
After soaking the sticks, add a little cooking oil to the prepared vegetables. And toss lightly to ensure the cooking oil evenly covers the vegetables. Next, add garlic powder and seasonings like salt and pepper, and stir well to let the vegetables absorb the flavor.
Next, skewer meat and vegetables onto skewers according to the rule (meat-vegetables-meat). This ensures uniformity between the meat and vegetables on the stick. To make the meat skewers look more beautiful, each skewer should be arranged with 4 pieces of meat.
Grilled beef skewers with vegetables
After skewering the meat, you will prepare for the grilling process. Brush a thin layer of cooking oil on the grill. Next, place the meat skewers on the grill and grill for about 8-9 minutes until the meat is cooked through and has an even golden color. During the grilling process, rotate the meat skewers to ensure the meat cooks evenly.
So with just a few simple steps, you can make grilled beef skewers right at home.
How to make sauce for dipping grilled beef skewers with vegetables
Ingredients needed to make grilled beef dipping sauce.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 chili peppers
- 4 tablespoons Korean chili sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Then add 4 tablespoons of chili sauce Korea, 4 tablespoons sugar, 2.5 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 4 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper into a bowl and stir well.
Continue placing the pan on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add minced garlic and chili and fry until fragrant. Pour all the sauce you just mixed into the pan. Add 2 tablespoons of filtered water to the bowl with leftover sauce, stir well and pour into the pan.
Finally, reduce the heat and stir for about 5 minutes until the sauce in the pot boils, thickens and the ingredients dissolve.
Grilled beef skewers with vegetables will definitely taste delicious when combined with this dipping sauce.
The secret to making grilled beef on skewers for the most restaurant-standard dish
How to make grilled beef skewers at home is quite simple. Therefore, it is very suitable to prepare for parties at the end of the year. However, to get the best taste of grilled beef on skewers, the following notes are the secret.
- When cutting meat, cut it into square pieces of uniform size to ensure the meat cooks evenly.
- You can also add other vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant or sweet potatoes to the skewers for added variety and personal preference.
- During the marinating process, spend at least 3 hours for the beef to fully absorb the flavor from the sauce mixture, making the meat more tender and delicious.
- When choosing beef, you should choose tenderloin because it is delicious and tender. Avoid using too small pieces of meat to avoid overcooking, drying out and burning.
- For the grilling process, choose to use charcoal or charcoal to bring out the delicious flavor and smoky smell. If you don't have the ability to grill directly on charcoal, you can bake in the oven with non-stick foil at a temperature of 220ºC for about 10-13 minutes.
Grilled beef skewers are a very suitable dish for year-end parties. Hopefully the above method of marinating and making grilled meat on skewers can help you make this dish at home.
If you want to choose a restaurant space to hold year-end parties, Pasta Fresca is the perfect choice. We are confident to bring you memorable culinary experiences with friends, family and relatives.
Please contact us now for more detailed information!